Saturday 16 June 2007

The toilet seat

Pseudoscience of love - The toilet seat
Now, if there is one thing I just can't understand about women, it is why so many of them get the hump when the man leaves the toilet seat up! If a man goes into a toilet and the seat is down, he won't fly into an incandescent rage. Instead, he'll just put the seat up without a second thought and go about his business (or, alternatively, he won't bother lifting up before, err, opening fire!).

Most women, though, tend to lose the canopy over the heinous crime of the vertical toilet seat! As the chart above shows, I reckon it bothers about 4 out of every 5 women. In contrast, I've yet to meet a guy who is bothered by the initial status of the lavatory seat!

A friend of mine has discussed with me the feasibility of designing a toilet lid that automatically lowered itself either after a set period of time or after it detected that the person had left (via motion sensors). Yes, it was in the pub and I fear the Japanese have beaten him to it, but that's the sort of considerate bloke that he is!

I, on the other hand, love to leave the seat up in as many bathrooms as I can find when visiting a house with all female occupants. Even if I don't want to pee-pee! I find it most amusing (cue evil laugh!)!!

No comments: