Thursday 5 April 2007

Anyone home, McFly?!


The brain is a mysterious organ! If an ordinary Joe like me comes out with a cheesy line, I get nowhere. But if a handsome devil comes out with exactly the same spiel, it's lapped up by the woman. Why is this? I'm no shrink, but deep down the woman wants to believe that this fine specimen of hunkiness really means what he says. He does like me and someday will want to have beautiful, intelligent babies with me and live happily ever after!

It's similar the other way around, although for very different reasons. When a good looking woman starts talking, men begin thinking with a different part of their anatomy! The better looking the lady, the less logic that is involved in his decision making. A man will agree with almost anything if there is a chance of some action!

As the graph above shows, the better looking the talker, the more likely his/her hokum will be believed. This is why the best players (con artists, womanisers etc) tend to be attractive!

1 comment:

Aidan said...

The title of this post comes from one of my favourite films as a teenager - "Back to the Future". It remains the only film I have seen more than twice at the cinema. I saw it in the US twice and because in those days it took months for films to cross the Atlantic, I saw it again when it came out here. But, I digress...

The bully in the film, Biff, hit's the hero's father (George McFly) on the head while uttering this phrase to indicate that he is too dumb to catch on to something.