Monday 14 May 2007

Breaking up is hard to do - female

Pseudoscience of Love - Breaking up is hard to do - femaleWomen, in contrast to their male counterparts, tend to favour the face to face method of applying the chop. Before you gals start taking the high moral ground, let's hypothesise why you prefer to do the "decent thing". I put it to you that you like to see the look of consternation in the man's eyes as you trot out a line such as one of the following (translation in brackets):

  • "It's not you, it's me" (of course it's you. Sod off.)
  • "I need some time to find myself" (Sod off.)
  • "I need to be by myself right now" (Sod off.)
  • "My life if too complicated right now" (I have a few other better prospects. Sod off.)
  • "I'm concentrating on my career" (I'd rather do my boring job for eternity than listen to you drone on for another second. Sod off.)

I don't think there's a man alive who hasn't heard some variant of one of the above in some language at some time in his life!

1 comment:

Aidan said...

Of course, the title in these two posts refers to the old Neil Sedaka hit!