Wednesday 23 May 2007

Such a perfect day - women

Pseudoscience of love - Ideal day for a woman

Two things made me think of doing an ideal day for both genders - the previous 2 posts (obviously) and Rafa Nadal*, by far and away the best clay court tennis player in the world today!

This is quite hard to do for one's own gender, never mind the opposite one, but since when has that stopped me before?! Having said that, I think I've come up with a real doozie for the ladies! After starting the day off with a romantic picnic breakfast and walk on the beach with your significant other (so it's summer obviously, unless you live in the tropics!), you head off to satisfy your primal urge, shopping in the finest boutiques until the early afternoon. After a spectacular lunch discussing your latest shoe purchase with your friends, you unwind after the hectic spending spree in the spa of a seven star hotel. Here, you are pampered with four treatments of your choice from mud, strapping blond Swedish masseurs, cucumbers, tin foil, hose pipes, yoga, floatation tanks and the divil knows what!

After a delightful dinner (with champers, of course) in the finest Michelin starred, low fat, low carb, low salt, low sugar eatery, you head off with your female friends for some entertainment of your choice. This could be your favourite pub, the opera or a Chippendales' show. It's your day, you decide! Eventually, you arrive back home to finish the day as you start it, in the arms of that hunky man of yours.

Hell, I'm almost ready to sign up for the sex-change operation after all that!!


*I read an interview with him lately in which he was asked to describe his perfect day!

4 comments:

Aidan said...

This title comes from the famous 1972 Lou Reed song "Perfect Day", made famous again a few years ago.

Although it's reputedly about the joys of heroin, it's still a good tune!

Note: Kids (and everyone else) - stay away from drugs - they only mess you up more in the long run. A public service announcement from Aidan!

Anonymous said...

I'm a woman and my perfect day would not include a whole morning of shopping. In fact it would not include any shopping at all. i hate shopping! Rather than leave the gorgeous hunk in bed how about I enjoy a second snooze while he packs a picnic and then he takes me to the beach or for a walk in the woods?

Aidan said...

Thanks for the comment.

I knew it was coming though! I play to stereotypes as you've no doubt noticed! It's not possible to pick everybody's perfect day, so I have to try and go for the "average". I personally wouldn't conform to some of the stuff I write about men!

I meant to include a walk on the beach actually, but I forgot when I got down to writing it. There were so many choices. I will try and include it in the book version! Nice touch with the picnic!

Aidan said...

As you've no doubt noticed, I've amended the day to include the picnic and walk on the beach!

Thanks to the ladies that helped me to think less like a man!! Probably a good thing, I'd imagine!